Monday, January 7, 2013

Let the Stitching Begin - Emma Miles 1848

Well, well, well...my 36 count cream Edinburgh linen arrived on Friday! Oh, happy day!  Saturday morning I cut my linen to the proper size and ironed it flat! 

I was finally ready to put in my first stitches! I like to figure out how I am going to "attack" the piece!  For Emma, the game plan is to "rough" in the border outline so that everything lines up okay.  Then fill in the first corner of the border so that I can get a feel of what is all involved with it.

When roughing in the border, I had to pay particular attention to the stitch count. With the young stitchers, consistancy was not their strong suit.  You would think there would be a rythymn to the the undulating border, but "no" it is not the case.  I was anxious to make sure the border met up correctly in the end.  It did! I love it when it comes together.

I will be alternating between Emma Miles and Ann Bowers this year!  2013 is going to be a good one!

I am having troubles with posting my picture of Emma.  When I click on the "insert picture" icon within Blogger, it is not giving me the capability to browse to where my picture is on my hard drive....that is weird.  I will bang away for a bit and see if I can figure this out.

Picture to come....stay tuned...

Thanks for stopping by,

-Holly

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm looking forward to seeing a progress pic!

Nicola said...

That's odd because another blogger had the same problem in the last few hours. I hope you can resolve it as I canot wait to see your start. My Emma Miles chart is on it sway to me.

Chris said...

Go Holly!!
I can't wait to see your progress on this wonderful sampler.