Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Long Be-Labored UFO!

Do you have one (or several) of those BAP's that you have been working on forever...and all you have left is a small portion of the piece?  Well, I have one that has been nagging me for years!  When I returned to stitching in 2002 after taking several years off to raise three children, I started the piece "And They Sinned" by Vilma Becklin of Examplar Dames!  I bought all the Gentle Arts Threads and got the linear cut of linen.  I stitched and stitched! I really enjoyed stitching on it...I got near the bottom and "it" happened! I was lured away by so many other pretty projects and I discovered EBay!  I purchased lots and lots of new projects to stitch!

Every now and then, I will put a few stitches in it, but it is still not complete....What's a stitcher to do?  Do you have any of these?  Let me know!

 
 
-Holly


5 comments:

carolm said...

Hey, you are almost done...GO back and finish...6 weeks or less... I just finished mine ... you will love itall over again...

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lets not talk about those that I own...but yours my dear...so close! Finish it!!!

Deb said...

Oh goodness Holly - you're so close!! Well, yes there is a lot of grass, but you're so close. And let's not talk about getting lured away from projects - I'm the queen of procrastination and don't even want to think about how many unfinished projects I have!

Nicola said...

Holly after all your work it is such a shame not to finish. I love my ATS and she has pride of place in my home.

Michele said...

This is so lovely and is on my wish list. It is so easy with so many lovely samplers to get side tracked and Nicola has now given us even more opportunities!