Friday, April 2, 2010

I Have Been a Busy Girl!




Here is my progress on Essamplaire's Mary Pierce Sampler. I have done most everything but Eve's head and all the lettering! I have to finish this soon. I'm teaching a class on this sampler in May to my Guild (Gentle Pursuits EGA - Richmond, VA). I am going to make a pinkeep/scissors case from motifs of this sampler. I will be using all the different stitches in it. Once I finish the pinkeep, I will post a picture.


This has been a fun sampler to stitch! I just love-love Adam and Eve Samplers! I have a few in the hopper all kitted up and ready to go! I just need more time to get to them.


I am stitching the Prairie School ABC SAL..I stated that I would do two blocks a month. Well, I was able to do 2 in January, 2 in February, but only 1 in March! I need to get back to that. I am really enjoying stitching over one on 25 count! It's easy on the eyes and it looks great!
I have also posted a picture of my french tie-up basket and some scrims I've recently done! I will be teaching the tie-up basket to my other guild (The Virginia Guild of Needlewomen - Richmond) this month!
Now you know why I didn't get to finish my second PS ABC block this month!
Spring is here and I am THRILLED! What a winter!
Happy Easter!
-Holly



4 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, you have been busy!! I love your A&E sampler and am going to have to look up that pattern. I envision a whole wall of them one day - I'm on #8 so the wall isn't too far off!!

I love your French Tie up basket too. It's beautiful.

Sylvia said...

wow, your basket looks beautiful, and I love your A & E piece. Is the basket a AMAP design? Happy Easter.

HollyXSing said...

Hey, Sylvia! The design for the basket is an Isa Vautier freebie from her blog a while back. If you would like the link, I can send it to you!

Happy Easter!

-Holly

Carol R said...

My first visit to your blog Holly! Your basket finish is lovely and I love your scrimshaw. I was lucky enough to visit Marcy Pumphret's studio in Cape Cod a few years ago and I was quite fascinated with her scrimshaw and would love to do a class. I live in the UK and I don't think there are any classes here.